Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Dr. OB by Max Monroe REVIEW



Goodreads  Amazon  Twitter  Website

It’s just a docuseries about your career as an OB/GYN, they said. 
It won’t interrupt your life during or after filming, they said. 
It is a great opportunity for the hospital and your practice, they said. 

Well, they—the television executives who seem intent on ruining my career and personal life with a fair number of creative liberties—lied. 
Now I’m stuck dealing with the consequences of believing them. 

Instead of being known as Dr. Will Cummings, Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology at St. Luke’s Hospital, I’m now being called Dr. Obscene. 

What devotion I’d hoped to earn in respect, I’ve instead received in patients flashing me seductive smiles and flirtatious winks during their exams. 

How’s a guy supposed to convince the most perfect woman he’s ever met that he’s not as much of an idiot in real life as he appears to be on camera? 

With all of the show’s side effects taking root like parasites, it’s going to take a lot to persuade Melody Marco to be anything more than my new nurse.
But I can’t get her out of my head. 

want her. 

Good thing I’ve never been one to back away from a challenge…

Get ready, Melody. 

The doctor is in.

REVIEW AHEAD!



So I'm hoping you all remember the lovely teasers from last week for this amazing book!

It's finally here and also, so are my opinions.

I loved it, I wasn't expecting it be in a post shooting format but I liked how you still got to see how the manipulations of reality TV stick their evil hands in at all points of the process. 

- side note, if you're interested in reality TV behind the scenes and haven't already, watch UnReal!- 

Dr Ob refers to the fact that Will Cummings (second side note, his mum is a sex therapist and married a man with this surname, was it like fate for her or a happy coincidence? we shall never know) is an OB/GYN, the OBscene part is that reality is super entertaining for us on the outside, is the equivalent of signing away your soul to the devil on the inside. 

Luckily, or maybe unluckily in some aspects, Melody meets Will post filming but during screening so it's sort of a golden period. I thought their relationship was really easy going in a way that makes you feel like you've walked in on a couple cuddling on the couch. Their relationship just works and they're so comfortable with each other that reading about them almost feels like an intrusion. Only almost though because I D E S E R V E  romance books in my life, and I like for the fluffy moments!

Melody was a character with heart, and it wasn't in a "we the authors are telling you this is a nice and kind character" way, but in an way that I felt we could not only see and feel, but sympathise with. In addition, she's pretty strong willed, again by us seeing, not being told and in a way is what a lot of authors try to achieve with their female characters but don't always succeed in.

Will, on the other hand, is basically the same but with that additional bit of stupid that makes men, men. Also, I couldn't get the image of Will from Chicago Med out of my head as I read this, so that's what he looks like now.

Dr OB. introduces us to previous Max Monroe characters and it's great when this happens because it means you don't have to say goodbye and in some cases you can see major character growth (And in others the characters are still some of my favourite five year olds!).

This was a great book that I can tell is going to kick of a fun series, I CANNOT wait for Dr. ERotic!

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment