Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny by Cindi Madsen - REVIEW

Confessions of a Former Puck BunnyGoodreads  Amazon  Twitter  Website

Confession #1: I used to be a puck bunny, but after a hockey player broke my heart, I gave up all things hockey. Now I'm just focused on finding a way to pass my math class so I can graduate college.

Confession #2: Ryder "Ox" Maddox's deep, sexy voice sends fuzzy tingles through my entire body, and I'm powerless to stop it. Which is a big problem since the hot, surprisingly funny hockey player is my new math tutor.

Confession #3: I can't stop thinking about how ripped Ryder is from all his hockey training, and how fun it'd be to cross lines with him.

Confession #4: I kissed a hockey player and I liked it.

Confession #5: If I'm not careful, I might relapse and fall for Ryder, and then I'll be totally pucked



I have never watched a game of hockey in my life. My hockey experience consists of ugly hockey/netball skirts, my own personal PINK! hockey stick and a genuine fear that my shin pads wouldn't do their job during high school.

Yet, I freaking love hockey romances! From Sawyer Bennett's Cold Fury Series to Helena Hunting's Pucked series I am hooked! 

This book was extra great because I feel like few stories actually focus on the puck bunnies. Instead they're either used as a break up point or for (mostly the females sadly) the main characters to criticise or judge. Lindsay Rivera used to be a puck bunny and now she's not. I felt this book managed to explain her reasoning quite well without insulting those who did chose to remain puck bunnies but also I need someone to tell me who even invented this phrase please?

Puck bunny-ness aside, I really liked Lindsay's character and I related to her so well. As someone who, clearly, loves books as much as her it was nice to see that passion in someone else. When we meet Lindsay, honestly, she's in a rut. She doesn't like who she used to be yet I feel like we meet her at a stage where she's maybe not exactly sure who the new her is either

 It's rare we get to see relationships where the woman is a couple of years older than the male and I loved it. It didn't really change the dynamic that much as they're both adults but I like the out of the box nature of it all.

Ryder was adorable. Like Lindsay, he too seemed to be in a rut that he also wasn't fully aware of. Torn between two parents that didn't seem to really see him as a person with his own thoughts, feelings and passions, Ryder really just seemed to go along with whatever whichever parent was telling/asking of him at the time with no real complaints. Lindsay describes him as nice in the book and he doesn't like it but he really and truly is a nice, sweet boy. I loved getting to know him.

Plot wise, I thought it was solid and I really enjoyed it and got sad as the time decreased and the percentage increased on my kindle as I knew I was getting close to having to say goodbye to my new friends.

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment