Wednesday, 3 May 2017

All About The D by Lex Martin and Leslie McAdam REVIEW


All About the D



A sexy new romantic comedy from USA Today bestselling author Lex Martin and bestselling author Leslie McAdam…

I'm known for being formal. Meticulous. Professional.

So you’d never suspect I spend my nights photographing my impressive junk for a NSFW blog. Don’t roll your eyes. I’m not bragging. I have millions of followers who’ll tell you they live for my posts.

I’m like a superhero, saving humanity one dick pic at a time.

Except leading a double life means I need someone to help me protect my anonymity, so that no one, especially my family, ever discovers my online celebrity.

When I call one of the most respected law firms in town, I expect quality legal advice and confidentiality. Not a sinfully sexy attorney whose dangerous curves and soul-piercing gray eyes make me want to personally demonstrate my particular skill set.

I shouldn’t be tempted.

Especially when she knows all of my best-kept secrets. But everyone has a breaking point. And I’ve met mine.

*** All About the D is a full-length standalone and 99 cents only during the preorder. Due to adult situations and sexual content, it's recommended for readers over the age of 18. ***



I love when authors I already know and love (Lex) collaborate with authors I don't know yet(!) as it widens my book portfolio.

All About The D was more comedy slanted than Lex's previous books and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed aloud out some bits and snorted in a very unladylike manner in others.

I found I really loved Evie, like make her my book best friend and have her be the person I pour my heart out too. She just felt like such a real character, from her fears, her inner commentary and discovery of self throughout the book. There's nothing I love more than a character (or real life human) that can look at their lives and say "actually, I don't love this". 

As for Josh, all I can say is there's no dare that could ever give me the confidence to do what he does. I also loved Josh, he was the perfect mixture of sweet, sexy and self-assured. I loved how he encouraged Evie's passions and let her know what he saw when he looked at her. His friendship with Drew is one for the ages and it's nice to see that level of loyalty, especially as it tells us it extends to every other relationship he will have. 

The secondary characters in this series also got me hooked so I just loved the depth given to each and every character. I think it's little details like that that can set certain books apart from each other.

My favourite part of this book is it's world building capacity. We get introduced to characters we just KNOW need their own books to sort their lives out, I'm so glad Lex and Leslie are the ones to give this to us.

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment