Monday, 12 December 2016

Hit The Spot by J. Daniels

Hit the Spot (Dirty Deeds, #2)
 Goodreads  Amazon  Twitter  Website
Is this love or just a game?

Tori Rivera thinks Jamie McCade is rude, arrogant, and worst of all . . . the sexiest man she's ever laid eyes on. His reputation as a player is almost as legendary as his surfing skills. No matter how her body heats up when he's around, she's determined not to be another meaningless hookup. 

Jamie McCade always gets what he wants. The sickest wave. The hottest women. And Tori, with her long legs and smart mouth, is definitely the hottest one. He knows Tori wants him-hell, most women do-but she won't admit it. After months of chasing and one unforgettable kiss, it's time for Jamie to raise the stakes.

Jamie promises that soon Tori won't just want him in her bed, she'll be begging for it-and he might be right. Somehow he's found the spot in her heart that makes her open up like never before. But with all she knows about his past, can she really trust what's happening between them? Is Jamie playing for keeps or just playing to win?


Read an excerpt here!

Displaying IMG_4833.JPG


Do you ever read a book and plays out like you're watching a movie? You can see it all so clearly in your head and you're loving everything about it?

That's how Hit The Spot managed to hit the spot ;) [I'm sure she hasn't heard that one yet, sorry!] We'd already met Jamie and Tori in Four Letter Word but is there anything better than an enemies to lovers book (rarely!)? It's definitely in my top 2 tropes if not my favourite trope of all time and this book executed it perfectly.

In Four Letter Word we see Jamie hit on Tori daily and Tori insult him and retaliate by violating multiple health and safety rules but the moment I knew I was going to love this couple and story with all my heart involves a friendly bout of vandalism. I promise I do believe in the law but it was just so swoon worthy and Tori agreed with me.

This story lets us see more about both characters and that's what I love about series, no matter how much you may know about a character when they're a supporting one, it never beats what you get to learn about them from their point of view or the point of view of their other half. 


Displaying IMG_4825.JPG

Tori was already a kick ass character but the second I got to read from her POV I was like "yes, this is exactly the type of character I can root for!" and the same happened with Jamie and so it's no surprise these two were/are made for each other.

Plot wise I thought it followed a really good story throughout and I loved the slight switching of the "gender roles" we tend to see a lot of in contemporary romances.

I picked up my first J. Daniels book earlier this year and whilst I'm sad I'm all caught up, I'm very excited to be able to keep coming back!

Rating: 4 stars
Displaying IMG_4863.JPG
Displaying logo rectangle 1 2400 x 1025.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment