Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Where The Wind Whispers by Bethany Kris and London Miller - Review

Where the Wind Whispers (Seasons of Betrayal, #3)

Goodreads   Amazon   Twitter   




 Website        Twitter    Website


Seasons of Betrayal, Book 3
There is death where the wind whispers. 

Left for dead by his own father on a snowy sidewalk, Kazimir Markovic finally understands what true betrayal really means, and just how far one will go to keep a secret. He only needs to survive, to make it home alive to his wife, and then everyone else will know what it means, too. 

It will all come to an end …

Right back where it first started …

New York’s streets are bloodier than ever. 
No souls are safe in this war. 
The games are over.

From authors Bethany-Kris (Donati Bloodlines Trilogy) and London Miller (Den of Mercenaries) comes the final installment of Kaz and Violet’s journey in the Seasons of Betrayal series


REVIEW BELOW




Do you ever know a series is going to have a happy ending (no Pyrrhic victories here!) but the authors have backed themselves into such an awful corner and left your beloved characters in such a poor state you're terrified to go back?

Cos that's where Where The Snow Falls left me. I COULD NOT believe what my own eyes were reading and I just knew Kaz had to be okay. When I got the email confirming my ARC had been sent I honestly couldn't stay still as I was so excited and then I devoured this book. A weird thing to pick up on: the pacing was really well thought out, it felt to me like they'd written the books in Acts then put it together and I loved it.

Okay, back to the story - Kaz has been left for dead and Violet has realised her uterus may have slightly betrayed her in the best way. We basically pick up where we left and we get to witness the recovery process as well as the joys of watching good scheming come together. Kaz's most dangerous scheme is part of what makes this book feel like two equally amazing different Acts and it honestly had my heart beating double time the entire time I was going through it.

Act two is less damaging for the heart in terms of speed, but it was heavy. Violet and Kaz are really feeling the stress and the decisions that they have to make weighed down on me because it was looking like such a lose/lose situation. There's a shocking moment involving Kaz, Violet, Ruslan and two others and I couldn't believe the authors went there, even after everything else, they had to let us know they weren't playing around!

I'm so thankful to have read a 5 star series from these two wonderful ladies, I already know there's a spin off with the Russians but I think I might have sensed a potential spin off with a certain Italian? You know where my email is if you want t confirm or deny ;)

Side note: I have loved the covers of this series so much

Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment