Thursday, 13 October 2016

I Was A Bitch by Emily Ruben - Review

I Was A Bitch

Goodreads   Amazon   Twitter    Website

What if you woke up having forgotten the last two years of your life?

After a horrific accident Lacey Jones has to try piece together her shattered past. With no memory of the previous two years she finds herself in a relationship with a man she doesn’t know, and with a reputation for being the Queen Bitch of High-School. 
She decides to keep the secret of her memory loss until she can figure out what happened in these two years she lost, trusting only the mysterious and sexy Finn to help her, but will she continue being that bitch or will she decide to rewrite her story?



Review below!



I'm so in love I can't believe it, obviously the blurb does a great job  at describing the general plot. I feel like this book was a revelation, when you agree to read ARCs from new authors you never really know what you're going to get and all you can do is hope the book lives up to the blurb that pulled you in.

This book was everything I wanted and more which is weird as it covers quite a few unsavoury topics and yet I didn't care at all. There a few plot points I'm going to discuss on goodreads as I can hide the spoiler but I know it's something that others look out for. Lacey could have easily been an irredeemable character; her friends are clearly afraid of her as is the entire school and her boyfriend comes across as a shallow person therefore making her a shallow person too. Lacey has lost two years and as a result is in a mental state prior to the new person she has become and trying to work out how she came to be there.

I think the story telling and reveal of crucial information was done at an amazing pace, at no point did the book feel like it lagged, but it managed to always keep me on the right side of anxious to find out what I, alongside Lacey, was missing.

The ending of this story was super satisfying as well, in essence we get to see Lacey experience two years of growth, but with the addition of hindsight and I was just really a fan of the book overall and I thought it was an awesome debut, I'm very excited for Emily Ruben's next book!

Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment