Wednesday, 13 July 2016

The Accidental Life of Greg Millar by Aimee Alexander REVIEW

The Accidental Life Of Greg Millar

Goodreads   Amazon   Twitter    Website

Lucy Arigho’s first encounter with Greg Millar is far from promising, but she soon realises he possesses a charm that is impossible to resist. Just eight whirlwind weeks after their first meeting, level-headed career girl Lucy is seriously considering his pleas to marry him and asking herself if she could really be stepmother material.

But before Lucy can make a final decision about becoming part of Greg’s world, events plunge her right into it. On holiday in the South of France, things start to unravel. Her future stepchildren won’t accept her, the interfering nanny resents her, and they’re stuck in a heat wave that won’t let up. And then there’s Greg. His behaviour becomes increasingly bizarre and Lucy begins to wonder whether his larger-than-life personality hides something darker—and whether she knows him at all.




This will be a short review so I don't give anything away!

The Accidental Life of Greg Millar is one of those books that you read that makes you have a deeper understanding of an everyday thing.


Whilst I will be giving no spoilers (this is a book that deserves to be read as the author intended) I will say the depth of the book is a breath of fresh air. Lucy first meets Greg as he's speeding past her on the road. As is necessary for a romance book, he keeps popping up in her life and eventually they begin to date.

I thought their initial dating period was cute and it brought a little smile to my face as Lucy became more open. As with any parent that dates, Greg tries to slowly introduce Lucy to the children and that comes with its own struggles, that I thought were written brilliantly. I actually really loved the way the children were written and I loved their ability to make me laugh and to make me want to cry. 

The journey this book takes you on is honestly so worth it. I think this is one of the books that allows you to be more compassionate and stays with you for a long time afterwards.

Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment