Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Shameless by Lex Martin NEW RELEASE

Shameless
Goodreads   Amazon   Twitter    Website

Brady…

What the hell do I know about raising a baby? Nothing. Not a goddamn thing. 

Yet here I am, the sole guardian of my niece. I’d be lost if it weren’t for Katherine, the beautiful girl who seems to have all the answers. Katherine, who’s slowly finding her way into my cynical heart. 

I keep reminding myself that I can’t fall for someone when we don’t have a future. But telling myself this lie and believing it are two different things. 

Katherine…

When Brady shows up on a Harley, looking like an avenging angel—six feet, three inches of chiseled muscle, eyes the color of wild sage, and sun-kissed skin emblazoned with tattoos—I’m not sure if I should fall at his feet or run like hell. Because if I tell him what happened the night his family died, he might hate me. 

What I don’t count on are the nights we spend together trying to forget the heartache that brought us here. I promise him it won’t mean anything, that I won’t fall in love. 
I shouldn’t make promises I can’t keep.

REVIEW AHEAD!



What's the least stalker-ish way to say I've been waiting for this book (ANY book) obsessively? For the past year I've been going to Lex Martin's Goodread page in anticipation of what her next book was going to be and when I found out she was planning on releasing two this year I could have cried. Lex's previous work includes the Dearest Trilogy which I loved with all my heart, especially Finding Dandelion so I was super excited for Lex's next book to feature a character from there.

In Finding Dandelion, Brady is introduced as a super hot tattoo artist who is a great friend to Dani and in this book, Brady is still super hot. On a serious note, Brady is forced into a situation nobody should be in. The situation is only made worse by the fact that Brady has absolutely no idea what to do with a baby or really how to deal with anything in the new place he finds himself in.

Enter Katherine, she's amazing. If people had banner's announcing their entrance's everywhere, that's what Katherine's would say. The first in her family to go to college and a genuinely hardworking character, Katherine is a breath of fresh air in Brady's life as well as his own personal Fairy Godmother. I really enjoyed Katherine, her characteristics were endearing and made me respect her. Additionally, Katherine is a Latina and it doesn't feel like a gimmick by Lex to make her books more diverse. Katherine is Latina, her backstory seems authentic to the culture and even better, she's a smart character. 

I would say one of the biggest problems in New Adult is the focus on white stories so when any diversity is added it's always a great alternative.

I honestly really enjoyed this story, it felt very organic and didn't ever feel too rushed/ too slow yet it still covered everything I could have wanted from this book. I'm so thankful for the day I picked up Dearest Clementine as I am now a Lex Martin fan for life!

>Recommend to: fans of New Adult, fans of romance, reluctant readers
Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment