Thursday, 24 March 2016

Book of Lies by Teri Terry - NEW RELEASE + REVIEW


Book of Lies


Goodreads   Amazon   Twitter    Website

They are trapped, frozen. Waiting. Straining against the wood that holds them. The unwary catch a glimpse now and then - feel their desperate hunger, see a glint of red eyes - and scurry out of the shadows of the wood, back to the light.
She's coming; it will be soon.
They will run free on the moors again. The Hunt will return. 
And the ground will run with blood.

An ancient curse placed on a family of witches foretells that twins will be born - one good, one evil; and one will destroy the other. But who can be trusted when no one is as they seem?



CLICK BELOW FOR REVIEW




This book has led me to believe that Teri Terry is amazing at concepts that people would really love to read about, generally set in a dystopian world case in point: Mind Games. As far as I am aware, Book of Lies is set in our world but with an added mysticism and fantasy.

Book of Lies introduces us to Quinn and Piper: twins who we are told in the blurb will destroy each other, with one being good and one being bad. I don't know if it was a case of me reading too much/watching too much TV and movies but the division of where on the dichotomy each twin lay wasn't particularly surprising to me, I'm still not sure if it was meant to have been. Piper and Quinn are established as very different characters from the very beginning. Having been raised in different environments with no knowledge of each other, their relationship is destined to be dysfunctional. From reading this book. I think reuniting with your long lost sibling is perhaps something that can wait until adulthood when all the teenage hormones have calmed down. Whilst the chapters let you know whose POV you're reading in, I think the characters were well constructed to the point that you could always tell who was speaking which is always great.

I would say that the main plot in this novel took a while longer than I thought was necessary to get there, and had become relatively clearer as time went on due to the nature of the book. This is in no way a "bad" book, but there were moments where it felt like maybe it dragged just a bit and it would have been nicer to just move the plot forward.

Overall, I would say that this book has kept me on the Teri Terry train and I look forward to whatever her next installment entails.

Recommend to: fans of YA, fans of British YA, fantasy fans
Rating: 3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment