Thursday, 16 April 2015

About OTPs and BROtps

So common phrases seen when discussing books are OTP and BROtp; these stand for One True Pairing (this is often romantic) and Bro True Pairing (this is often used for friendships,but only the best ones!) and honestly the best relationships are both. In addition, you can "ship" to characters in a relationship without them being your OTP. A lot of people might use sismance for female friendships, but I just use BROtp for both genders.

I thought I'd share some of top favourites with my readers


For me, there is no prerequisite in a relationship for it be an OTP; if you've written your characters as meant to be and I agree that that is a logical conclusion and I love how their story was told: BOOM OTP!

If someone were to be mean and ask me my current top ten OTPs, they are (SPOILERS!) 

  1. Daisy Calloway and Ryke Meadows; Raisy (Hothouse Flower, Calloway Sisters#2 by Krista and Becca Ritchie)
  2. Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)
  3. Lily Calloway and Loren Hale; LiLo (Addicted Series, by Krista and Becca Ritchie)
  4. Rose Hathaway and Dimitri Belikov; Romitri (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead)
  5. Anna Oliphant and Etienne St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins)
  6. James Adams and Kerry Chang (CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore)
  7. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley; Romione (Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling)
  8. Remy and Dexter (This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen)
  9. Celaena Sardothien and Chaol Westfall (Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas) 
  10. Rose Calloway and Connor Cobalt; Coballoway (Kiss the Sky, Calloway Sisters#1 by Krista and Becca Ritchie)

I actually slightly love BROtps more than my OTPs because they don't have to love each other but they've chosen to anyway and I absolutely love that, I'm a big fan of ride or die friendships.
Top ten BROtps


  1. Rose Hathaway and Lissa Dragomir (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  2. Loren Hale and Ryke Meadows (Addicted Series, Calloway Sisters by Krista and Becca Ritchie)
  3. Ryke Meadows and Lily Calloway (Addicted Series, Calloway Sisters by Krista and Becca Ritchie)
  4. Jase Garrett and Tim Mason (My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitpatrick)
  5. Rose Calloway, Lily Calloway and Daisy Calloway (Addicted Series, Calloway Sisters by Krista and Becca Ritchie)
  6. Celaena Sardothien and Rowan Whitethorn (Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas)
  7. The Golden Trio (Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling)
  8. Connor Cobalt and Loren Hale (Addicted Series, Calloway Sisters by Krista and Becca Ritchie)
  9. The Heroes of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan)
  10. The Mauraders *cries* -minus Peter- (Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling)
So those are my lists! Do we have any in common or are yours completely different? Let me know below.




No comments:

Post a Comment