Friday, 14 November 2014

The Star Catcher by Stephanie Keyes - Blog Tour and REVIEW

Picture         Amazon    Twitter     Facebook 
Magick and destiny intertwine as he fights to save his kingdom and the goddess he loves.
Her kiss…the feel of her skin…the beat of her heart…For seventeen-year-old Kellen St. James, each memory is marred by a single sentence on a lone strip of paper.
Cali has been taken…
Armed with an amulet that channels the ultimate power of Faerie, Kellen searches for his love. However, control of the amulet’s energy comes with a price, and Kellen soon learns that Cali’s captor has plans for the stone. With the threat of the Star Catcher’s evil looming above Kellen and his kingdom, he’ll have to free the Heart of Faerie and break the curse the binds the Children of Danu to the darkness. But before that, he has to find his real father, the king. No pressure, right?
Kellen and Cali will battle bewitched armies and unknown foes as they fight to stay together. Will Kellen embrace his immortal destiny? Or will his world, and the man he is fated to become, be destroyed by The Star Catcher?




I'm very grateful to this book for starting off where the last one left off. There's nothing more stressful than being excited to read a book but also going "I love this character, also, who is this character?"

I thought this was a fun story, making it a great ending to the series. I liked all the family vibes and the continuity from the first book. It was great how we got the opportunity to say a final goodbye to all the characters in the series, and really get a sense of an ending. 
As of the end of this book, we have officially met all of Cali's family which I think is awesome. Rowan and Singer were a really great addition to the book, although there's something about Singer's species that I don't 100% understand,
Gabe's story was hinted at during the previous book and I thought the reveal was done very well, I was intrigued and I like how he was able to fit into the mythology of the series. 
The epilogue was great, I'm a big fan of knowing exactly where my favourite characters have ended up so it's always nice to see an epilogue. My one problem with this series is probably the "insta-love" that seems to happen quite quickly, but if that's my only complaint, I know Stephanie has done a great job :D
Recommend to: fans of fantasy, fans of trilogies, fans of YA
Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment